Monday, November 10, 2008

A woman on my heart

Since Jared took his job at Apex a lady who works with him has seemed drawn to both Jared and I. From the time I met her, God started putting her on my heart with such a heavy burden. In the past six months she has come to my thoughts a lot at random times. I have felt lead to pray for her, invite her to church, lunch and just to love on her. Two weeks ago our assistant pastor preached a message that was so incredible and it gave me such a surge of energy and excitement about reaching out to her. I felt like God told me then that she would come to know Him. Since that message I have been trying to meet with her but things just kept getting in the way. We finally met on Friday November 7th. She opened up right away and told me about something that she has been struggling with for ten years or more. I was able to ask her if she had accepted Christ and she said that she had. I was surprised by that, but very excited about it. We talked a little about how God forgives and can help you forge a new path. After lunch she had a ticket that she was trying to get differed and asked if I would go with her for support. I went and told her I'd pray for her while she was in there. The judge not only differed the ticket, but waived the mandatory processing fee and said it would not go on her driving record! She was so relieved and said that she hadn't had such peace for a long time. She thanked me for coming, but even better she actually folded her hands and said "Thank you God" It was such a great day and I'm so excited for her. She seems genuinely interested in coming to church with us and I pray that she will actually follow through with that. I sent her this email:


I had a great time with you at lunch! I am blessed to know you and feel honored that you trust me enough to share your story with me. Please know that your story is safe with us and that I want to be a soft place for you to fall in this hard world. None of us can face our fears, trails, and struggles without the help of committed and supportive friends. Always remember that God is forgiving and that though we don't deserve his love and grace He gives it freely if we only ask. I hope that the weekend with your family went okay, but if not please don't be discouraged, you have people on your side. You have so much to offer this world and those around you, and I look forward to helping you create the new path in your life that will allow you to prosper. I pray God will bless you tremendously as you seek Him and a better way of life.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

~Whitney


This was her response:

Whitney,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I feel truly thankful that you and Jared have come into my life and I am hopeful for the first time in a very long time. I came so close to not going to Belgrade this weekend but I prayed a great deal for guidance and did end up going and am glad that I did. I will talk with you soon.


What a miracle, Praise be to God!

No comments: