Monday, November 17, 2008

Wonderful Sunday Morning Service

Yesterday was a great morning! The lady we have been pursuing came to church yesterday. I was so excited to see that she had actually made it. I wasn't sure how she would like the service, or if she was going to be hard hearted or resistant to anything. I had prayed that when she did come to church that God would have that service directed specifically at her. IT WAS! I love seeing the inside workings of God. From the worship to the ending prayer it was the perfect day for her to be there. I'll explain: She said she liked the music (which is good but not necessary) but one of the songs seemed to touch her and she said "That is a GOOD song" The song was All for Love and the words are below.

All For Love

Verse 1:
All for love, a Father gave
For only love could make a way
All for love, the heavens cried for love was crucified


PreChorus:
Oh, how many times have I broken Your heart
But still You forgive if only I ask
And how many times have You heard me pray
Draw near to me


Chorus:
Everything I need is you
My beginning, my forever
Everything I need is You


Verse 2:
Let me sing all for love
I will join the angel song
Ever holy is the Lord
King of glory, King of all


Verse 3:
All for love a Savior prayed
Abba Father, have Your way
Though they know not what they do
Let the cross draw man to You, to You
To You, to You

Hillsong United Live

The pre chorus, has the exact words that I have spoken to her over the past week. Forgiveness if only you ask and God will draw near to you if you draw near to him. Some of this was even in the email that I posted about last time. So that was a great start. Then at break I talked with her and she told me how she was afraid that her hours are going to be cut this week due to the economy. This seems pretty likely since Apex has let 5 people go in the last two months. This coupled with the struggles she told me about last week were really making her nervous about the immediate future. All I could tell her was that God would provide for her. So the first thing our pastor says when he starts preaching is this, "Do you ever wish you could see what is just around the corner? Some of you might be having financial problems, or employment worries..." I just started giggling inside thinking God you are too good. The rest of the sermon went on to talk about the Israelites wandering in the desert, but the main message was about God being big enough to provide even in trials. He also talked very clearly about how bad things in our lives are not always punishment but refinement. He talked about how some of us might have stepped off of God's path and onto our old destructive one. This was the exact analogy that she told me about at lunch last week. She wanted to forge a new path and let the other one become over grown. So this week I made a picture for her with the verse Psalm 23:3 "He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Finally at the end of the the service Dave was praying and quoted the verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" This was one of the verses I put in her email. I love when you can see patterns and themes when God is trying to tell you something. We often see the same thing three times from different sources. She has heard the path analogy three times now from different places, and not all Christian ones either. She said that she would definitely be back. I truly hope she comes again! She and her boyfriend are in our prayers. It was a good day, Praise be to God!

No comments: